New State Labor Law Posters Required For 2017
Across the U.S., 19 states will see a state minimum wage increase in 2017. While the Federal government hasn't raised minimum wages in over 7 years, when it raised it from $6.55 to $7.25, some of the states on this list will see rates as high as $11 in the increase. The state minimum wage increase can see major changes in the way you run your business if you're in one of these states.
States Raising Minimum Wage in the Beginning of 2017
- Alaska will increase from $9.75 to $9.80 per hour.
- Arizona will increase from $8.05 to $10 per hour.
- Arkansas will increase from $8 to 8.50 per hour.
- California will increase from 10 to 10.50 per hour.
- Colorado will increase from 8.31 to 9.30 per hour.
- Connecticut will increase from 9.60 to 10.10 per hour.
- Florida will increase from 8.05 to 8.10 per hour.
- Hawaii will increase from 8.50 to 9.25 per hour.
- Maine will increase from 7.50 to 9 per hour.
- Massachusetts will increase from 10 to 11 per hour.
- Michigan will increase from 8.50 to 8.90 per hour.
- Missouri will increase from 7.65 to 7.70 per hour.
- Montana will increase from 8.05 to 8.15 per hour.
- New Jersey will increase from 8.38 to 8.44 per hour.
- New York will increase from 9 to 9.70 per hour.
- Ohio will increase from 8.10 to 8.15 per hour.
- South Dakota will increase from 8.55 to 8.65 per hour.
- Vermont will increase from 9.60 to 10 per hour.
- Washington will increase from 9.47 to 11 per hour.
Oregon, Maryland and Washington, D.C. will see a state minimum wage increase later in 2017.
Every employer is required to have labor law posters for employees, which explains their rights under the State and Federal Department of Labor. Labor Law Posters have to be in an area where every employee is able to see them. The labor law posters also must be current, or employers risk heavy fines. Updates can happen multiple times per year resulting in the need of seemingly constant updates.
With the constant changes, it can be tough to keep track of when you'll need new labor law posters for your business unless you sign up for a poster subscription service. Every time there's a change to state or federal laws, we'll send you an updated poster. All you have to do is remove the old one and put up the new one. This automation makes it much easier to run your business efficiently.
To order your newly updated State and Federal Workplace Poster from Compliance Warehouse, click one of the options below:
Posted on Tue, January 3, 2017
by Brandon Eaton filed under